Weekend Party Idea: Candy Apple Bar
Fall means caramel apples! Surprise your guests with a DIY candy apple bar! Pre-cut slices of tart green apples with an endless array of sauces and toppings will keep your guests sticking and dipping! Dessert bars are becoming so popular, this is a perfect party idea for fall and Halloween!
Whole candy apples that are sold on the boardwalk or any candy store are usually the size of my head! It is a big commitment to eat one of those! Here is a way to just get a sweet candy apple taste after dinner and a great way to sample all the combinations!
- Find a spot in your home to set up all the dishes for the bar, we chose our island in the kitchen.
- Have your apples sliced and ready to go when your guests arrive, or when you are ready for dessert. (Tip: Make the apple slicing the last thing you do, so the apple are fresh and crisp, and not brown on the inside!)
- Choose two dipping sauces, I chose classic caramel that I melted myself, and warm melted chocolate that is made for fruit. Other sauce idea could be a fruit glaze or marshmallow creme.
- Now is the fun part! Pick an array of topping your guests can choose from. The topping should be a mixture of nuts, candies and more. We chose both chocolate and rainbow sprinkles, crushed graham crackers, shredded coconut and chopped walnuts.
- Lastly, make sure you have plenty of napkins to go around as this isn’t the most neat treat!
Other dessert bar ideas could be cupcakes, ice cream sundaes, cookies and more! Our candy apple bar was such a hit, we will definitely be hosting another dessert bar in the near future, stay tuned!
More Fall-inspired treats!