The Sisters’ Soiree: Taco Night!
A fun summer soiree to host is taco night! Frozen margaritas, full taco bar and endless guacamole, a sure hit among friends. Tacos and quesadillas are cheap and easy to make, turn it into a buffet and offer your guests a “Make Your Own Taco” bar. For the buffet, we chose a black table cloth with bold, bright red and orange plates to make it really pop! And of course no taco night would be complete without chilled Coronas and frozen margaritas! See how we put it all together!
MENU A Mexican themed party would result in an endless menu trying to please everyone and their favorite foods. Instead, narrow your soiree themes down, such as Tacos and Quesadillas, with tortilla chips and homemade salsas to start. There is no way your guests will go home hungry!
- Appetizers – Guacamole and Salsa is always a hit, and it is a cheap and simple way to get the party started. We also served mini stuffed peppers, filled with ricotta, bacon and cheese. Put out all the starters on a buffet for easy access for your guests!
- Dinner – We put out a taco bar with all the fixings! Seasoned beef, shredded cheddar, lettuce, tomato, refried beans, salsa, sour cream, the list goes on and on! Provide both hard and soft taco shells – everyone likes something different! We also put out an assortment of quesadillas. A mixture of chicken, cheese and tomato in a whole-wheat tortilla. These were a hit! For the perfect crunch on the outside of the quesadilla, spray a frying pan with an oil or butter spray and turn on medium-high heat, add the filled quesadilla when the pan is just about smoking, this will ensure a delicious crispy ‘dilla! We also served a light spring salad and Mexican rice for delicious side dishes.
DRINKS There is no argument that a big taco dinner goes great with margaritas and some mexican beer!
- Cocktail Hour Guests had a choice of Strawberry or Classic frozen margaritas, in mason jars of course. Having two choices when serving the evening’s signature drink is always a good idea, many people do not like lime and prefer another variation of a classic, no matter what, we always want our guests to be in good spirits! 😉
- Dinner When serving the main course we switched to Corona and Corona Light, perfect with tacos!
- For the buffet table, we had a black table cloth and bright, bold dishes. We put our taco fixin’s in pepper-shaped bowls to enhance the theme of the evening. Guacamole was put into a classic mocahete, a stone bowl, the mexican version of a mortar and pestle. As for the dinner table, we used pale green place mats against our stone-tile table, finished with fresh flowers.
Host Pro Tips
- One of our best friends is a vegetarian and we always want her to have as many options as possible. For taco night, this may we the easiest to do. We took the time to make a few mini stuffed peppers with out the bacon, offered strictly cheese quesadillas and had beans on the taco buffet to replace the seasoned beef. By going the extra step, your guests will feel comfortable and welcomed!
Share your taco night details and recipes with us! Let us know in the comment below!
Ashley and Amanda