The Sisters’ Soiree: A Spring Luncheon!
Luncheons are one of our favorite soirees to host. It’s a casual gathering that doesn’t take a lot of work on your end or your guests. For this soiree, we had a sit down lunch for six of our friends. Take a look to see how the luncheon came together.
Menu: A light fare is best for a Spring Luncheon. Since it’s not Summer quite yet, we had a hot element with a cold side, followed by a semi-homemade dessert
- Appetizer: Spinach and Artichoke Crostini and Tabouli on Everything flavored Flatbread (Get the recipe here)
- Lunch: Hot Panini Sandwiches – Grilled Chicken, Homemade Pesto, Roasted Red Pepper, Fresh Mozzarella with Sauteed Spinach Paninis and Turkey, Swiss, Avocado and Sauteed Spinach Paninis. Spring Salad – Wild Greens, Asparagus, Edamame, Cucumber, Almonds with Sun Dried Tomato Basil Dressing by Old Cape Cod (available at ShopRite for $1.72!)
- Dessert: Angel Food Cake with Fresh Whipped Cream and Strawberries. Angel food cake is one of the least expensive dessert ideas, but the presentation it makes is absolutely superb! Combine with fresh fruit that are on sale at your local grocery store.
Drinks: A fruity and bubbly drink to start the cocktail hour helped bring the feeling of Spring into our party, while a cold bottle of white wine paired perfectly with our lunch.
- Cocktail Hour: Blueberry Spritzer (Get the recipe here)
- Lunch Hour: Three Wishes Chardonnay (available at Whole Foods for $3.99!)
Table Decor: Florals & Color Pops of Yellow and Blue. Fresh flowers, bright china and bold napkins give this table a sophisticated look. We love mixing prints and patterns, as long each piece is staying within the color scheme.
Here is a sample of our playlist we featured at the party, enjoy!
Ashley & Amanda
Leave a Note
No Comments »
No comments yet.