A lighter version of our traditional bruschetta calls for fresh red and yellow, sweet grape tomatoes from the local farmers market! Combined with Ricotta cheese as a spread on fresh toasted baguettes, this tasty snack is the perfect addition for an evening of Wine and Small Plates or to quickly prepare for those unexpected visitors during the weekend! Here’s what you need and how make the Summer Bruschetta:
What You Will Need (Serves 4)
- 1 package of red grape tomatoes
- 1 package of yellow grape tomatoes
- 3 cups of Ricotta Cheese
- 8 basil leaves
- 1 french baguette
- Olive Oil
- Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 Gloves of Garlic
- Salt + Pepper
- Dice your tomatoes and fresh basil leaves in a bowl, combine with drizzled olive oil and red wine vinegar. Stir in salt and pepper and let it sit while you make the rest of the dish.
- Cut your baguette into thin slices and with a brush, paint each side with olive oil
- In the oven, let the baguette slices cook for 8 minutes on 350 or until golden.
- Once cooled, rub a clove of garlic over the tops of each toasted baguette
- Next spread a generous portion of ricotta cheese over each slice
- With a spoon, place the red and yellow tomatoes – already covered in salt, pepper, oil, chopped basil and vinegar – on top of each baguette.
- Serve on a neutral platter to let the colors pop!
Drink Choices to Pair:
If you’re sitting pool side, try Stack Wine! Each “bottle” of Stack Wine consists of four glasses of California wine. Simply unzip the packaging, snap apart the individual pre-filled classes, peel back the seal on your cup and enjoy!
For inside or patio dining, our go to wine has been Barefoot Wine‘s Pinot Grigio or Barefoot Refresh Crisp White!
Share with us!
Have an awesome bruschetta recipe to share or other light small plates you like to serve? Share them in a comment below and we’ll feature our favorites in a new post! Or email us the details at firstname.lastname@example.org
Category: Home Feature, Serve
Tags: Bruschetta, Easy entertaining recipes, Eat Local, Famers Market Grape Tomatoes, Fresh Bruschetta Recipe, Light appetizers, recipes under 15 minutes, simple dishes for house guests |
Leave a Note
No Comments »
No comments yet.