Recipe: Brussels Sprouts Au Gratin
It is a cold and rainy Monday here in NJ! And on dreary days like this, nothing warms me up more than comfort food. I crave something warm, creamy, filling and a little bacon would help too! So to fill all my cravings and add a serving of vegetables too, I whipped up a delicous brussels sprouts au gratin dish filled with flavor…and bacon! Warm up tonight with this simple recipe that your friends and family will love!
What You Will Need:
- 2 lbs. Brussels Sprouts
- 1 large shallots
- 5-6 slices of bacon, diced
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme leaves
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 3/4 parmesan romano cheese, finely grated
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 4 tsbp. olive oil
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 tbsp. mustard (either dijon or spicy)
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Start by trimming and halving all brussels sprouts, in a medium-high heated skillet, heat oil and brown brussels sprouts for about three to four minutes. (Don’t crowd the pan so you may need to do a few batches!) Also, don’t worry about getting the brussels sprouts tender, they will be baked later.
- In another pan, brown bacon and set aside. In the same pan, saute shallots with a little more oil, salt and pepper. After a few minutes, add white wine and reduce. Once the wine is evaporated add heavy cream, butter and mustard. Once butter melts, add saved bacon and cheese and stir.
- Continue stirring and add browned brussels sprouts. Transfer to baking dish, top with bread crumbs and remaining cheese. (To ensure your bread crumbs brown in the oven, toss them in melted butter or extra bacon fat!)
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until bubbling and serve right away!
Have a favorite comfort food recipe? Please share with us!
Leave a Note
No Comments »
No comments yet.