Family Recipe: Swedish Meatballs!
Our favorite meal to share with our mom is Swedish Meatballs! A recipe passed down from my grandmother, it’s comfort food at it’s best. We cooked up our own batch to enjoy this family favorite with a glass of wine. If you’re looking to make food to comfort, we’ve got the easy-to-make recipe for you ….
The Ingredient List:
- 1 pound of Ground Beef
- Bread Crumbs
- 2 Onions (1 small + 1 large)
- 1 Clove of garlic, minced
- 1 Egg
- Salt + Pepper
- Granulated Bouillon
- Heavy Cream
- Gravy Master Mix (if desired)
Let’s Get Cooking – Directions:
- Combine 1 cup of bread crumbs, 1 large onion chopped finely, 1 Egg, a dash of Salt + Pepper, and a 1/2 teaspoon of Granulated Bouillon in a bowl.
- Add your package of chopped meat, and mix well with the other ingredients
- Round out small meatballs from the mixture – these aren’t Italian meatballs, they’re much smaller!
- Brown the small meatballs on the stove with one Tablespoon of butter (they do not have to be cooked thoroughly, as they will be put back into the gravy and continue cooking)
- Leaving the remnants of butter and meatballs in the pan, it’s time to make the sauce!
- Sautee a small onion finely chopped with one tablespoon of butter
- Once cooked, add in 1/2 cup of heavy cream and 1 tablespoon of flour to thicken the sauce
- Mix in 3 tablespoons of Granulated Bouillon, Pepper and – if desired for added color – sprinkle in Gravy Masters Mix
- Add meatballs back in to continue cooking in the gravy over low heat for another 20-30 minutes
- Side Dishes that go perfectly with Swedish meatballs? Fresh mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli!
Scoop one serving of mashed potatoes on your plate and top with a generous serving of meatballs and sauce, with broccoli on the side. Finish with a glass of wine on the side, dinner is served! What’s your favorite family recipe to cook?