Brunch Made Easy: Peach Bread Pudding
There is no hiding that brunch is our favorite soiree to throw! It’s so nice to relax with friends and family on Sundays and prepare for the week ahead with a Bloody Mary of course! Brunch is one of the easier parties to throw. A lot of the dishes can be made ahead of time which makes for a super relaxed host. At a recent brunch, we served salads, frittatas, casseroles and a peach bread pudding that knocked everyones socks off! Made with buttery croissants, sweet peaches and topped off with maple syrup. I made it the night before to allow the bread to soak up all cinnamon and sugar egg mixture. So all I had to do the morning of brunch was throw it in the oven, so easy! Check out the recipe below!
Peach Bread Pudding
What you will need:
- Six croissants
- Four eggs
- One cup of milk
- Two tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- sprinkle of nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- One can of unsweetened sliced peaches
- Maple syrup to drizzle on afterward
- Fresh Berries
- Powder Sugar
- Cube the croissants and place in a greased 9×13 baking dish.
- In a small bowl, whip up eggs, milk, vanilla, salt and nutmeg and pour over croissants.
- Sprinkle the pressed brown sugar and cinnamon over the croissants.
- Cover with foil and refrigerate over night.
- When ready to cook, preheat the oven to 350 degrees and bake for 30 minutes with the foil on.
- Remove foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes to brown the top.
- Once out of the oven, drizzle maple syrup over the whole thing. Top with fresh berries, such as black berries (the heat from the bread pudding will soften the berries and will slightly burst.)
- Dust the entire dish with powder sugar.
This dish was such a hit at my brunch! I love making bread pudding with croissants because it makes for a soft and tender breakfast (or dessert!) option, and the butter gives a ton of flavor to the egg mixture. And the canned fruit makes this dish super easy to assemble for a little amount of money, and that is the best part! Give this recipe a try for your next brunch or gathering with friends, your guests will not be disappointed!
Category: Home Feature, Serve
Tags: Bread Pudding, Brunch, Brunch Buffet, Brunch Food Ideas, Eas, Easy appetizers, Easy entertaining recipes, Peach Bread Pudding, Peach Recipes, Recipe, Recipes with Photos, simple dishes for house guests |
Leave a Note
No Comments »
No comments yet.